Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Final Class reflection

There are so many take-aways from this class overall, that I don't really know where to begin.  I was exposed to so much and I have to be realistic that I'm not going to remember all of it nor will I be able to use all of it in the immediate future - something that would cement it in my head and make it "automatic" in my day to day work.   I think some of the Google Docs - the survey, the "powerpoint", etc. - will be ones I use and use often.  Before this class - I didn't even know how to access them or that they really even existed.  I heard about "google docs" but I had no idea what that meant.  I feel a sense of accomplishment with just gaining some knowledge in this area.  Also, with my project, I am learning how to effectively use the Flip cameras.  I am slightly humbled with this work as I believe it is an "easy" tool to use and I have had some problems with it.  Regardless, however, I am learning from my mistakes and I believe that I will be using them more frequently as I continue with my work.  Last Saturday and this evening, I truly enjoyed being exposed to Imovie and Garage Band - including podcasts.  I don't know how often I will use them but now I have less "fear" regarding them and that will go along way as I continue to make educational technology a priority.  Thank you Todd for a great class.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your presence in this semester's class! I look forward to your presentation--even with the problems. With time and awareness now, you'll find ways to integrate tech into your school. Start with the kids--it's their world. Let them teach you. Your relationship with them will change and their engagement in their own learning will rise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I totally agree. I am very humbled by this work and wish I could say I always learn from my technology mistakes. Sometimes I just get frustrated - it can feel like I don't even speak the right language. Thank goodness I have my own 11 year old tech language tutor! He reminds me of the importance of sticking with it because the possibilities are astounding! The fear factor regarding technology has really been reduced for me as well, thanks to this class!

    Keep on playing with it...

    Karina

    ReplyDelete